This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 16 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (“Statement,” “Terms,” or “SRR”) derives from the AFRI buddies Principles, and is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with AFRI buddies, as well as AFRI Buddies brands, products and services,which we call the “AFRI Buddies Services” or “Services”. By using or accessing the AFRI Buddies Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time in accordance with Section 13 below. Additionally, you will find resources at the end of this document that help you understand how Afribudies works.
Because AFRI Buddies provides a wide range of Services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or services.
Your privacy is very important to us. We designed our Data Policy to make important disclosures about how you can use AFRI Buddies to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information. We encourage you to read the Data Policy, and to use it to help you make informed decisions.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on AFRI Buddies, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. In addition:
1. For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a nonexclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royaltyfree, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection
with AFRI Buddies(IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
3. When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and
information. (To learn more about Platform, including how you can control what information other people may share with applications, read our Data Policy and Platform Page.)
4. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of AFRI Buddies, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about AFRI Buddies, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep AFRI Buddies safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to keep AFRI Buddies safe, which includes the following commitments by you:
1. You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on AFRI Buddies.
2. You will not collect users’ content or information, or otherwise access AFRI Buddies, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
3. You will not engage in unlawful multilevel marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on AFRI Buddies.
4. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
5. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
6. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
7. You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
8. You will not develop or operate a thirdparty application containing alcoholrelated, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate agebased restrictions.
9. You will not use AFRI Buddies to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
10. You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of AFRI Buddies, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering its functionality.
11. You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
4. Registration and Account Security
AFRI Buddies users provide their real names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
1. You will not provide any false personal information on AFRI Buddies, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
2. You will not create more than one personal account.
3. If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
4. You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a AFRI Buddies Page for such purposes.
5. You will not use AFRI Buddies if you are under 13.
6. You will not use AFRI Buddies if you are a convicted sex offender.
7. You will keep your contact information accurate and uptodate.
8. You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
9. You will not transfer your account (including any Page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
10. If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user’s actual name).
5. Protecting Other People’s Rights
We respect other people’s rights, and expect you to do the same.
1. You will not post content or take any action on AFRI Buddies that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law.
2. We can remove any content or information you post on AFRI Buddies if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
3. We provide you with tools to help you protect your intellectual property rights. To learn more, visit our How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement page.
4. If we remove your content for infringing someone else’s copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
5. If you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
6. You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks, except as expressly permitted by our Brand Usage Guidelines or with our prior written permission.
8. You will not post anyone’s identification documents or sensitive financial information on AFRI Buddies.
9. You will not tag users or send email invitations to nonusers without their consent.AFRI Buddies offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
If you make a payment on AFRI Buddies, you agree to our Payments Terms unless it is stated that other terms apply.
7. Special Provisions Applicable to Developers/Operators of Applications and Websites
If you are a developer or operator of a Platform application or website or if you use Social Plugins, you must comply with the AFRI Buddies Platform Policy.
8. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by AFRI Buddies
Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to the following:
1. You give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you. If you have selected a specific audience
for your content or information, we will respect your choice when we use it.
2. We do not give your content or information to advertisers without your consent.
3. You understand that we may not always identify paid services and communications as such.
9. Special Provisions Applicable to Advertisers
If you use our selfservice advertising creation interfaces for creation, submission and/or delivery of any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content (collectively, the “SelfServe Ad Interfaces”), you agree to our SelfServe Ad Terms. In addition, your advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content placed on AFRI Buddies or our publisher network will comply with our Advertising Policies.
10. Special Provisions Applicable to Pages
If you create or administer a Page on AFRI Buddies, or run a promotion or an offer from your Page, you agree to our Pages Terms.
11. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
1. If you download or use our software, such as a standalone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software may download and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
2. You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
1. We’ll notify you before we make changes to these terms and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
2. If we make changes to policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on the Site Governance Page.
3. Your continued use of the AFRI Buddies Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of AFRI Buddies to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account
or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 2.2, 2.4, 35, 9.3, and 1418.
1. You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or AFRI Buddies exclusively in the U.S. District Court of Texas or a state court located in Harris County, and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws of the State of Texas will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
2. If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on AFRI Buddies, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages,losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users’ actions of AFRI Buddies and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on AFRI Buddies. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter
on AFRI Buddies. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of AFRI Buddies.
1. This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding AFRI Buddies, and supersedes any prior agreements.
2. If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
3. If we fail to enforce any of this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
4. Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
5. You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
6. All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
7. Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
8. This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
9. We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
10. You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing AFRI Buddies.
By using or accessing AFRI Buddies Services, you agree that we can collect and use such content and information in accordance with the Data Policyas amended from time to time. You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of AFRI Buddies:
Payment Terms: These additional terms apply to all payments made on or through AFRI Buddies, unless it is stated that other terms apply.
Platform Page: This page helps you better understand what happens when you add a thirdparty application or use AFRI Buddies Connect, including how they may access and use your data.
AFRI Buddies Platform Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to applications, including Connect sites.
Advertising Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to advertisements placed on AFRI Buddies.
SelfServe Ad Terms: These terms apply when you use the SelfServe Ad Interfaces to create, submit, or deliver any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content.
Promotions Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you offer contests, sweepstakes, and other types of promotions on AFRI Buddies.
AFRI Buddies Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to use of AFRI Buddies trademarks, logos and screenshots.
How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement
Pages Terms: These guidelines apply to your use of AFRI Buddies Pages.
Community Standards: These guidelines outline our expectations regarding the content you post to AFRI Buddies and your activity on AFRI Buddies.
To access the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities in several different languages, change the language setting for your AFRI Buddies session by clicking on the language link in the left corner of most pages. If the Statement is not available in the language you select, we will default to the English version.